Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
Are you searching for a tooth replacement option? Then consider a metal-free partial denture, referred to as a partial, to replace one or more missing teeth on the same arch. A metal-free partial denture is a removable dental prosthesis that we use to replace missing teeth. The main reason people have an interest in metal-free partial dentures is aesthetics, but some people have a concern about metal sensitivity. Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry offers metal-free partials that are biocompatible, comfortable, and affordable. Plus, you will love that your partial looks natural and blends in with your smile.
What is a metal-free partial denture?
Metal-free partial dentures are just that, they are partial dentures that do not contain any metal, which makes them more aesthetically pleasing when you smile. A partial denture, if you do not know, is a removable appliance that replaces one or more missing teeth. You can eat and talk with it in but should remove at night to keep your tissue under it healthy.
The benefits of metal-free partials:
- Appearance – A metal-free partial will blend naturally with your gums and surrounding soft tissue, thanks to the absence of metal clasps that are usually quite noticeable. Your replacement teeth will also be matched in size, shape, and color to your natural teeth.
- Comfort – Each partial denture is custom-made to fit the unique mouth structure of every patient. A metal-free partial is also lightweight, which means it typically takes less time for a patient to become accustomed to his or her new oral prosthetic. Metal-free partials may either be constructed of an all-acrylic material or a flexible base that contours to your mouth.
- Durability – Metal-free partials are strong and able to withstand the normal stresses and pressure changes that occur in the mouth. A flexible partial will be more resistant to chemical deterioration.
- Safer – A metal-free partial is not just for aesthetics, but is also an ideal option for patients with a metal allergy, or for patients who want to avoid exposure to metals in their mouth.
- Affordable – Partial dentures are one of the most affordable tooth replacement options available. Plus, if you have additional tooth loss in the future, usually a new tooth can be added to your existing partial.
Why replace my missing teeth with a partial denture?
A partial denture improves a person’s ability to eat and chew so that you can get the nutrition that your body needs. It also leads to the restoration of a smile, which improves appearance, confidence, and self-esteem. A partial also helps prevent existing teeth from shifting, a typical consequence of untreated tooth loss.
What are the metal-free partial denture options?
The main options are the high strength polymers and resins and the flexible thermoplastic resins. The high strength polymers and resins act a lot like a metal partial. The flexible partials obviously do not act like metal, since they flex.
Metal-free Partials in Scotts Valley
Don’t wait any longer to regain the healthy smile you deserve. Call our office at (831) 824-5111 to schedule an appointment, or to learn more about our metal-free partials or other tooth replacement options.
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry serves patients located in the California communities of Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley.