Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
A family dentist can be a convenient way to ensure your entire family receives quality dental care from a dentist that you trust. Every one of all ages should receive regular dental visits and practice good at-home oral hygiene habits to maintain a healthy smile. The American Dental Association recommends that even children begin seeing the dentist by the time they reach their first birthday (or when their first tooth erupts). Those visits should continue throughout life. At Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, we offer family dental care for patients of all ages from infancy to the elderly years.
The sooner you develop these healthy oral hygiene habits, the better your oral health will be for the long-term!
Why choose a family dentist?
Life is hectic enough, why complicate it more by running all over town to various dental appointments? When you choose Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry as your family dentist in Scotts Valley, you can rest at ease knowing that everyone in your family will receive the same quality dental care as you do. Being able to schedule visits for your entire family at one dental office saves you time and gas money from having to run all over town to different offices. Plus, finding a family dentist in Los Gatos, like Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, means that we provide services for just about any dental treatment you or your family members may need.
We offer the following services to take care of your family’s dental needs:
- Dental cleanings and exams(including x-rays) – Exams should begin by age one and continue twice a year. Routine dental cleanings remove stuck-on plaque that otherwise would lead to cavities and increase the risk of gum disease and tooth loss. Plus, we can monitor any changes with your oral health so that we can keep a small problem from turning into a significant issue. Dental cleanings and exams are essential even for our denture wearing patients. Gums and jawbone health should be assessed routinely. Plus, these checkups include an oral cancer screening. Dental X-rays are generally recommended once a year unless we need to develop a specific treatment plan, or for diagnostic purposes regarding suspicious oral tissue or teeth.
- Dental fillings– Fillings are used to repair teeth with mild to intermediate areas of tooth decay. It is best to take care of any cavities as soon as they are spotted. Early treatment prevents it from going deeper into the tooth, causing a toothache and severely damaging the tooth’s structure.
- Sealants– Children often do not possess the cognitive ability to thoroughly brush their teeth, which means they are more susceptible to tooth decay. Protect your child’s teeth, and guard their oral health, by having sealants applied to the chewing surface of their back teeth. This safe and non-toxic substance fills the crevices of the back teeth where cavities are likely to form otherwise. They are most beneficial for children when applied to their permanent teeth.
- Fluoride treatments– Also part of our preventive care program for children, and even adults too, fluoride helps fortify dental enamel, the outermost protective layer of your teeth, and guards against cavities. Although most kinds of toothpaste and mouth rinses contain fluoride, sometimes that just isn’t enough to protect teeth. Talk to the dentist if you would like to learn more about how fluoride can keep your child’s teeth healthy.
- Crowns– When a tooth breaks, has an old filling that falls out or is otherwise damaged quite severely, we can place a custom crown over the tooth. The purpose of a dental crown is to save the tooth from needing to be extracted. It restores strength, beauty, and integrity. Plus, the results are completely natural, so the crown will blend in seamlessly.
- Root canals– When a tooth’s nerve dies or becomes inflamed due to bacteria (such as from a deep cavity), the pulp (blood supply and nerve inside the tooth) has to be removed to save the tooth from needing an extraction. Root canals are essentially like getting a deep filling but can last for years, and it means you get to keep your natural tooth!
- Tooth extractions- When a tooth is damaged beyond repair, an extraction may be the best course of action.
- Dental emergencies- Tooth pain usually strikes after office hours or on weekends, but we are willing to meet with a patient who is dealing with a dental emergency that cannot wait until our normal office hours.
- Mouthguards– Protect your teeth while you sleep against the damaging effects of bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching). Better to wear down a night guard than your pearly whites! Our mouthguards are custom made for a comfortable yet effective fit.
- Sports guards- Sports are notorious for causing bodily injuries, even to the mouth or face. Protect your teeth by ordering a custom sports guard from our office.
- Sedation dentistry– Getting dental work done can be scary for some people, which is why we offer sedation dentistry. You can relax while you get the necessary dental care that you need. We even offer a method of light sedation that is suitable for children.
- TMJ evaluation– Jaw pain, ringing in the ears, toothaches, and headaches, among other symptoms, can stem from TMJ disorder. Our dentists are specially trained to diagnose and treat this disorder without having to prescribe medication that masks your pain forever.
- Sleep apnea evaluation– Sleep-breathing disorders affect millions of Americans, even children, and most people are unaware that they have it. Snoring is the number one symptom of sleep apnea, but so is constant daytime fatigue, headaches, and mood swings. Our sleep apnea evaluation can determine if you are not getting enough oxygen while you sleep, and then we can recommend treatment that does not involve using a CPAP machine.
- Orthodontics– Our orthodontic focus is about more than just straightening teeth. We correct negative oral habits that caused the crooked teeth to begin with so that our patients do not have to deal with the effects of an underdeveloped jaw, sleep apnea, or orthodontic relapse. We even use facial growth guidance for children, with the goal being to eliminate or reduce the need for braces later in life.
- Invisalign– Ideal for teens or adults, clear aligner therapy can straighten your teeth in no time, all without the need for those obvious metal brackets and wires.
- And more- If you come to us and we are not able to provide the treatment you need, we will recommend you seek care from one of our trusted colleagues. Our goal is to make sure you receive superior treatment!
Can the dentist see my kids too?
Absolutely! Our dentists are knowledgeable and skilled in treating children. We understand children can often have fears of going to the dentist, which is why we focus on creating a relaxing environment for your child. We even offer nitrous oxide as a way to help calm and relax your child during his or her appointment. At Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, we understand that many children are apprehensive about visiting the dentist, especially if their visit is for something other than a cleaning. We are well equipped and empathetic toward your child’s nervous or anxious feelings.
We recommend that parents encourage their children to develop healthy at-home oral hygiene habits. Taking good care of your child’s teeth will lessen the risks of needing extensive dental care down the road.
We value dental care for kids
At Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, we value your child’s oral health. We support the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s recommendation that children should begin visiting the dentist for checkups as early as one year of age, or when their first tooth erupts. Starting these visits early on will help your child establish oral habits that support a life-long journey of good oral health.
Another aspect of our dental program for kids is to ensure your child’s jaw development remains on course and develops to its fullest. An underdeveloped jaw can lead to many oral health problems that eventually affect a child’s looks and overall health. These issues could develop into mouth breathing, sleep apnea, crooked teeth, and more. We employ orthodontic programs, such as Orthotropics and Myofunctional Therapy, that aim to guide your child’s jaw during the development phase. Seeking this treatment early in life could help your child avoid needing braces later on, or at least shorten the duration they are in braces. But, the earlier the treatment, the better, which is why routine exams are essential beginning at such an early age.
At Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, you will see that we are like a family. In fact, we are family! Dr. Max Ebrahimian and Tina, our business administrator, are married, and Dr. Ariana is their daughter. We are proud of the atmosphere we have fostered here at Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry, and our patients appreciate the kind of care that we provide. If you are new to the Scotts Valley area or are looking for a new dentist in Los Gatos, we are accepting new patients. We would love to have you and your family come and be apart of our family.
To schedule an appointment, contact Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry today at (831) 824-5111. During this time, we can discuss your smile needs and provide an assessment of your oral health to help you make the best decisions regarding what will be best for you and your family in terms of dental care. We welcome patients of Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley, California.