SCOTTS VALLEY, SANTA CRUZ CA
Living with jaw pain can interrupt daily life and make it challenging to focus or carry out your normal routine. Regardless of the cause, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ or TMD) can create severe discomfort in your jaw, neck, shoulders, and upper back and requires medical treatment to reduce pain and correct the problem. However, if you choose an inadequately trained TMJ specialist, you could cause oral health damage or risk not addressing the issue, wasting time and money. The highly educated TMJ dentists in Scotts Valley at Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry understand how critical education and experience are when choosing the appropriate specialist for TMJ treatment. Therefore, we share how to select the best TMJ specialist in Scotts Valley so that you can get relief from your pain and symptoms quickly.
A Holistic Approach
The experienced Scotts Valley TMJ specialists treat your condition with a holistic approach for better, longer-lasting results. TMJ symptoms include anything from a mere slight headache to vertigo, depending on your case’s severity. Below are the holistic treatments we offer at Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry for patients with TMJ. The best treatment for you gets discussed during your initial consultation, so you get the best results.
- Orthotic Therapy – Fixed or removable custom-fitted orthotic treatments adjust the correlation between your upper and lower jaw, allowing joints, muscles, and nerves to function correctly.
- Bite Adjustments – Coronoplasty or bite adjustments to the natural tooth surfaces can reestablish the neuromuscular balance and ease your jaw of pain.
- Neuromuscular Functional Orthodontics (NMFO®) – Traditional orthodontics do not treat neuromuscular conditions. However, NMFO® straightens your teeth for a functional bite with a neuromuscular orthotic.
- Cosmetic and Restorative Procedures – Replacing missing teeth with dental implants, getting dental crowns on damaged or unsteady teeth, or covering your teeth with veneers may correct your jaw’s function and improve your condition.
- Total Mouth Rejuvenation – After reviewing your natural bite, Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana can make adjustments in a few visits with common cosmetic treatments if required for treatment.
- Co-Management of Oral Surgery Cases – Patients who require surgical correction may receive a referral to one of the country’s top-rated TMJ surgeons for treatment.
Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana understand that TMJ complications include multiple factors of your health, from your posture, airway, teeth, muscles, and the joint itself. When one area is out of balance, it may cause symptoms throughout your body. Therefore, professional Scotts Valley neuromuscular dentists need to know any underlying disorder to help diagnose the actual cause of your pain and provide the best treatment.
People can generate a professional title or call themselves an expert or specialist at any time. Without the necessary education, training, and experience required to treat TMJ patients properly, treatment may do more harm than good. Therefore, it is crucial to conduct a little research to ensure the specialist you chose is a trustworthy Scotts Valley neuromuscular dentist with the experience and education needed for your best treatment. Both of our dentists studied neuromuscular dentistry at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, which is the preeminent institute in America for postgraduate dental education. With additional knowledge and skills, you can restore your oral health, so be diligent in your research for a quality neuromuscular dentist.
Read Patient Reviews
Previous patients who receive treatment from the TMJ specialists in Scotts Valley provide excellent feedback about their treatment through Google and social media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. The reviews give an outsider’s honest opinion about their treatment process and results, which gives you a clearer picture of the practice overall.
TMJ Specialists in Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley, California
TMJ can be painful and a sign that something is not working as it should and requires treatment. The imbalance can cause headaches, neck aches, mild to severe jaw pain, and can interfere with daily activities. When you notice jaw pain, feel free to contact the experienced and extensively educated neuromuscular dentists in Scotts Valley, Drs. Max and Ariana, at Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry. Call us today for an appointment at (831) 438-4411 or request an appointment online to start your journey to become pain-free.