Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
If you have minor imperfections in your smile, dental bonding also referred to as cosmetic bonding, may be the affordable solution for you.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure that uses a tooth-colored resin material to bond to the teeth. This procedure is used to repair teeth, change their shape or close gaps between them. Dental bonding is applied to a tooth, sculpted, hardened, and then polished.
What is dental bonding used to repair?
Dental bonding uses a composite resin material to fix areas of imperfection including:
- Chipped teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Badly stained teeth that are unresponsive to whitening efforts
- Gum recession, to cover sensitive areas of a tooth
Dental bonding can be an affordable option of cosmetic dentistry and can correct multiple issues at once. The composite material is biocompatible, meaning it is safe for your overall health.
Is dental bonding right for me?
There are many options available in the world of cosmetic dentistry. If you are considering dental bonding, discuss this with our Scotts Valley cosmetic dentists during your appointment. We will discuss your desires for a beautiful smile, paired with the benefits of our cosmetic dentistry treatment options in determining which procedure is right for you.
Here are some reasons why patients prefer dental bonding to correct minor cosmetic flaws:
- Cost – Dental bonding provides an affordable solution to fixing cosmetic dental flaws.
- Convenience – Dental bonding is completed in our office and does not require a dental lab to fabricate any materials. Once your procedure is complete, you can walk out of our office with your new, beautiful smile.
- Ease – Anesthesia is usually not necessary unless bonding is being used to fill a decayed tooth. Compared to veneers and crowns, dental bonding also requires the least amount of enamel removal.
- Results – Dental bonding treatment is relatively fast and provides immediate results that are natural looking.
What can I expect during the procedure for dental bonding?
The dentist will need to remove a minimal amount of tooth structure to make room for the material that will be placed. The material is permanently bonded to your tooth, made smooth, and then polished, providing you with a dazzling new smile.
Do teeth need special care after dental bonding?
No. Simply follow good oral hygiene practices. This means brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing at least once a day and see your dentist for check-ups and cleanings at least once every six months.
Because bonding material can chip, it is important to avoid such habits as biting fingernails; chewing on pens, ice or other hard food objects; or using your bonded teeth as an opener.
How long does dental bonding material last?
How long bonding materials last depends on how much bonding was done and your oral habits. Typically, however, bonding material can last up to 10 years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
Dental Bonding in Scotts Valley
We are ready to help you to bring out your best smile! To schedule a consultation, contact Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry today at (831) 824-5111. We welcome patients of Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley, California.