Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
Millions of people in the United States suffer from gum disease, a bacterial infection occuring in the gums and jawbone that can lead to dire ramifications for your oral health including the loss of teeth and jawbone, while even jeopardizing your overall health. Gum disease is not a problem that simply goes away on its own. Only professional diagnosis and treatment will resolve your issue. If you are currently battling gum disease and live in Scotts Valley, Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry can treat your gum disease with added protection through Perio Protect.
What is Perio Protect and how does it work?
Perio Protect represents the latest advancement in the treatment of gum disease. It is a delivery system to administer powerful medication that can be applied at home.
The medicine is applied through a customized Perio Tray, based on impressions taken from your mouth. This customized design ensures the tray makes a snug fit inside your mouth so that, when the tray is filled with medication and inserted, your infected gums receive the maximum amount of medicine. Using this tray helps deliver the medicine below the gum line where it is most needed.
Even if a Perio Tray is worn for just a few minutes each day, the medicine reaches areas of the mouth that brushing or flossing never reach—including going deep into the pockets between teeth and gums that form during the advanced stage of gum disease.
The advantages of Perio Protect:
- State-of-the-art: Perio Protect represents the cutting edge of current gum disease treatment, as it is the only long-term, non-surgical, minimally invasive method of treatment currently available.
- Convenience: Perio Protect is administered at home, on your schedule. No traveling back and forth to the dentist to receive these treatments. Perio Protect allows you to treat your gums on your schedule.
- Effective: While gum disease does permanent damage to your oral health once it reaches the advanced stage of periodontitis, Perio Protect can prevent further damage to your mouth and body.
- Comfort: Using Perio Protect does not entail the potential discomfort or post-procedure tenderness of other treatment options such as gum surgery or repetitive therapy. Patients who use this treatment method also report less bleeding and sensitivity in their gums after using the medication administered by Perio Protect.
- Aesthetics: Many patients who use Perio Protect have whiter teeth, and fresher breath after a course of treatment.
The importance of treating gum disease
Left untreated, gum disease only will get worse and increasingly jeopardizes your oral health.
Eventually, the bacteria manifesting in your gums can spread throughout your body, increasing the risk of many conditions that are chronic and even life threatening, including:
- Heart disease
- Low birth weight in babies
- Preterm birth
Perio Protect in Scotts Valley
Why live with any of those risks? Treat your gum disease today by receiving Perio Protect from Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry. Take the next step and call our office at (831) 448-4411 to schedule your consultation.
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry is proud to provide comprehensive oral health care to patients in Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley, California