Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
In our office, orthodontic treatment is about so much more than just straightening teeth through braces. We offer multiple methods to correct the crooked alignment of teeth. Furthermore, Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry offers functional orthodontics to help patients of all ages achieve a healthy occlusion (bite), an attractive facial profile, and a straight, attractive smile.
We offer the following types of orthodontic treatment:
- ALF & Crozat Appliances
- Space Maintainers
- Myofunctional Therapy & Butekyo Breathing
Offering a different kind of orthodontics
- Braces – Forget what you think you know about braces or may have experienced. Thanks to advances in orthodontics, braces don’t have to involve having a mouth full of metal. Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry can provide you or a member of your family with metal-free braces made of ceramic. Not only will these brackets cause less irritation to your gums and mouth, but also they can be matched to the shade of your teeth, allowing the brackets to blend into your smile.
- Invisalign® – Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign in Scotts Valley, which uses several sets of clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth over time. Not only does a course of treatment with Invisalign usually take less time than orthodontic treatment with traditional braces, but the aligners are completely transparent. Plus, the aligners can be removed when you eat, clean your teeth, or plan to attend a special event where photos will be taken.
Learn about the benefits of functional orthodontics
Functional orthodontics involves the use of custom-fabricated dental appliances and/or braces to move the teeth into proper alignment. Based on a neuromuscular approach, functional orthodontics preserves the airway and the health of the temporomandibular joints and jaw muscles.
It can be used to correct problems that affect both children and adults:
- Excessive wear and chipping of front teeth
- Severe crowding or spacing
- Crossbite of front and back teeth
- Narrow dental arches or a small airway
- Limited space in the mouth to accommodate the tongue
Functional orthodontics is also a great option for pain relief. It can help patients alleviate potentially debilitating symptoms such as headaches, facial pain, tender muscles and joints, grinding, and a limited range of motion.
A successful course of functional orthodontic treatment guides the dental structure as well as the skeletal structure into their ideal alignment, encouraging harmony throughout the orofacial system.
Specific areas that are addressed through functional orthodontics include:
- Entire head
- Neck and back
- Upper and lower jaws
- Temporomandibular joint
Two of the oral appliances that Drs. Max and Ariana Ebrahimian use most often in a course of functional orthodontic treatment are the ALF (or Advanced Lightwire Functional) appliance, which can improve your bite without braces, although braces may still be needed at a later date. Also, the Crozat appliance, a predecessor of the ALF that is made of stronger wire but also is removable, discreet, and adjustable.
Orthodontic treatment in Scotts Valley
You’d be surprised at all the ways that Drs. Max and Ariana Ebrahimian can use our comprehensive array of orthodontic services to improve not just your oral health, but your overall wellness and quality of life. Our dentists also are two of the leading practitioners in the country of Orthotropics®, a treatment method that uses oral appliances to encourage ideal guidance of facial growth. To learn about any aspect of our program of orthodontics or any of the other services we provide, call our office at (831) 838-4411 to schedule a consultation.